Activities Assistant - Casual (Day) - North Mankato, MN
Position details: casual day schedule.Are you ready to make a difference in people’s lives? As an Activities Assistant, you will live the values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship by providing exceptional care and support to your residents. You’ll assist in their daily living, through the execution of activities and social programs designed to aid residents in using their personal physical and mental potential. Create meaningful opportunity for yourself by joining our strong Vista Prairie Communities team!
- Assist in leading activity groups, including exercise classes.
- Execute planned activities and social programming that is reflective of the residents’ interests.
- Follows direction to meet requirements of state, federal, and other regulatory entities as they relate to activities.
- Ability to learn and assist in other areas of the facility.
- Assist residents with developing interpersonal relationships, socializing effectively, and developing the confidence needed to participate in group activities.
- Assists other departments with special events and family functions.
- Promote a positive image of the community internally and externally.
- Promote independence with residents by offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Report any resident changes to the Nursing staff on duty.
Education and Experience
- High School education or GED
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result from Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
- Is involved with residents, staff, and visitors under all conditions and circumstances.
- Works throughout the community.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.