Lead Care Coordinator - Full Time - Spirit Lake, IA
Vista Prairie at Keelson Harbour is seeking a Full Time Lead Care Coordinator.
PURPOSE OF JOB POSITION
Working within the framework of Vista Prairie Communities’ values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship, the Lead Care Coordinator is responsible for creating appropriate staff schedules while also maintaining resident care levels.
- Answer resident emergency calls promptly.
- Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activities, meals, and social programs as necessary.
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs as necessary.
- Assist residents in walking with or without self-help devices as instructed.
- Assist residents with Activities of Daily Living; i.e. dental and mouth care, dressing/ undressing, hair care, toileting, personal hygiene, and other duties as directed.
- Assist residents with preparing for medical tests and doctor’s appointments as necessary. This includes proper completion of physician visit forms.
- Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, showers, etc. as necessary.
- Check residents routinely to ensure that their personal care needs are being met as delegated in the Service Plan.
- Ensure that services are adequately maintained to meet the needs of residents.
- Pass medication to residents only if med-trained.
- Report all changes in residents’ condition to the Nurse as soon as practical.
Staff Scheduling, Onboarding, and Mentoring
- Assist with identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of services.
- Confirm all staff completes their daily duties.
- Document any changes in staffing or resident conditions.
- Ensure all scheduled shifts are covered which may include finding replacements.
- Inform oncoming shift of any new resident conditions.
- Is responsible for staffing schedules.
- Make any changes to the staff’s cleaning list, if needed.
- Make sure all daily housekeeping is complete and coordinate any additional cleaning tasks.
- Orientate all new staff with assigned duties
- Mentor staff by communicating clear expectations to promote employee engagement
- Position may be on-call 24-7.
- Customer Service
- Planning and Prioritization
- Positive Communicator
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School education or equivalent.
- Training in health related disciplines and/or experience preferred.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
- Is subject to exposure to blood-borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
- Is subject to exposure to chemical and respiratory hazards.
- May work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays, and in other positions when necessary.
- Noise is usually moderate.
- Primary responsibilities will be conducted in clean, well-lit, climate controlled areas.
- Communicates frequently with other personnel.
- Is involved with residents, staff, and visitors under all conditions and circumstances.
- Works throughout the community.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS (with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Frequently required to sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 40 pounds.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the working day, must be able to stand, stoop, walk, kneel, and crouch.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp; visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment, and read.
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.