Memory Care Program Assistant - Part Time - Spirit Lake, IA
Vista Prairie Communities at Keelson Harbour is seeking a Part Time Memory Care Program Assistant.
Reports To: Memory Care Manager
PURPOSE OF JOB POSITION
Working within the framework of Vista Prairie Communities’ values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship, the Memory Care Program Assistant is responsible for assisting in the execution of activities and social programs designed to aid residents in using their personal physical and mental potential.
Delivery of Scheduled Activities
- Assist in leading activity groups, including exercise classes.
- Execute planned activities and social programming that is reflective of the residents’ interests.
- Follows direction to meet requirements of state, federal, and other regulatory entities as they relate to activities.
Promote Engagement among Residents
- Ability to learn and assist in other areas of the facility.
- Assist residents with developing interpersonal relationships, socializing effectively, and developing the confidence needed to participate in group activities.
- Assists other departments with special events and family functions.
- Promote a positive image of the community internally and externally.
- Promote independence with residents by offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Report any resident changes to the Nursing staff on duty.
- Customer Service
- Planning and Prioritization
- Positive Communicator
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result from Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
- Activities programming may include both indoor and outdoor (transportation) assistance with/for residents.
- May work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays, and in other positions when necessary.
- Minimal exposure to blood-borne pathogens and infectious diseases.
- Minimal exposure to chemical and respiratory hazards.
- Noise is usually moderate.
- Primary responsibilities will be conducted in clean, well-lit, climate controlled areas.
- Communicates frequently with other personnel.
- Is involved with residents, staff, and visitors under all conditions and circumstances.
- Works throughout the community.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS (with or without the aid of mechanical devices)
- Frequently required to sit, stand, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear.
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, and move a minimum of 35 pounds.
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the working day, must be able to stand, stoop, walk, kneel, and crouch.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp; visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment, and read.
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.