Vista Prairie Communities at Monarch Meadows is seeking a Full-time Resident Assistant working Overnight shift.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Report all accidents and incidents you observe or that may be communicated to you and complete required documentation.
• Report all changes in residents’ condition to the RN as soon as practical.
PERSONAL CARE FUNCTIONS
• Assist residents with daily dental and mouth care, dressing/undressing, and hair care as necessary.
• Change all soiled linens and wash immediately.
• Assist with bowel and bladder functions, and clean up occasional incontinence accidents as necessary. Remove and properly dispose of all soiled diapers and pads immediately.
• Assist residents with preparing for medical tests and doctor appointments as necessary. This includes proper completion of physician visit forms.
• Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs as necessary.
• Follow established policies and procedures concerning exposure to blood/body fluids.
• Assist in transporting residents to/from appointments, activities, and social programs as necessary.
• Assist with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, showers, etc. as necessary.
• Assist residents in walking with or without self-help devices as instructed.
• Check residents routinely to ensure that their personal care needs are being met.
• Observe and report any changes in resident condition (including appetite, skin conditions, mental status, etc.) to the RN.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High School education or GED.
• Training in health related disciplines and/or experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of state, federal and local regulations.
• Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result from Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
• Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
• Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public.
• Must possess a desire to work with aged, infirm, and handicapped persons.
• Must be able to relate to and work with the elderly, emotionally upset, and, at times, hostile people, dementia residents and occasionally challenging behaviors.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to connect and communicate effectively with diverse populations.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and to prioritize, organize and manage multiple priorities.
• Ability to work beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays, and in other positions, when necessary.
To Apply: Please send your Resume and Cover letter to Careers@VistaPrairie.org