Staff Development RN - PT (Day) - Redwood Falls, MN
Position details: Part-time day schedule.Do you like making a difference in people’s lives? As a Staff Development Registered Nurse, you will live the Vista Prairie Communities values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship. This role ensures ongoing education and in-service programs for the development of nursing staff to provide superior quality of care to residents. Create meaningful opportunity for yourself by joining our strong Vista Prairie Communities team!
- Plan, implement, and evaluate educational programs for all departments regarding topics and methods of instruction.
- Evaluates training by gathering staff input regarding quality of training offered and implementing/maintaining systems to assess training effectiveness and outcomes.
- Identify essential competencies for licensed and unlicensed staff and assures appropriate educational opportunities exist to promote growth and development of staff.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct regular and special in-service training programs for staff to familiarize them with new procedures, policies, or changes in resident care techniques and equipment.
- Assures all volunteers, students, and other allied staff receive appropriate orientation per policies and procedures.
- Assures that each staff person is oriented to the individual needs of each resident; communicates changes to plans of care.
- Conducts evaluation of staff performance in coordination with the Director of Health Services.
- Ensures that documentation of resident services and orders are properly filed and conduct periodic chart audits.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures regarding the storage, set up, administration and disposal of medications, including systems to secure controlled medications.
- Evaluate staff knowledge and competency in skills needed to provide resident care; provide training in skills as needed.
- Provides direct supervision of new licensed and unlicensed staff.
- Re-train or discipline staff as needed for non-compliance with job performance or agency policies and procedures.
- Assures that all employees training checklists and on-the-job orientations are completed.
- Develops and maintains training tracking system.
Education and Experience
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Registered Nursing and licensed with the State of Minnesota/Iowa as an RN, and must maintain current unencumbered license with the Board of Nursing.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in areas such as Nursing Supervision or Geriatric Nursing preferred.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and is available for federal and state surveys.
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
- Working knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.