Activities Assistant - FT (Day) - South St. Paul, MN
Position details: Full-time day schedule working Tuesday-Saturday 10:00am-6:00pm with flexible hours on Saturday.
Are you ready to make a difference in people’s lives? As an Activities Assistant, you will live the values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship by providing exceptional care and support to your residents. You’ll assist in their daily living, through the execution of activities and social programs designed to aid residents in using their personal physical and mental potential. Create meaningful opportunity for yourself by joining our strong Vista Prairie Communities team!
- Assists in leading activity groups, including exercise classes.
- Executes planned activities and social programming that is reflective of the residents’ interests.
- Follows direction to meet requirements of state, federal, and other regulatory entities as they relate to activities.
- Ability to learn and assist in other areas of the community.
- Assists residents with developing interpersonal relationships, socializing effectively, and developing the confidence needed to participate in group activities.
- Assists other departments with special events and family functions.
- Promotes a positive image of the community internally and externally.
- Promotes independence with residents by offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Reports any resident changes to the Nursing staff on duty.
Education and Experience
- High School education or equivalent.
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result from Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.