Chief Operating Officer - FT - Brooklyn Park, MN
Vista Prairie Communities is currently looking for an exceptional Chief Operating Officer to provide leadership to our diverse communities across Minnesota, Iowa and Ohio. Our ideal candidate for this senior-level leadership position must possess the values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship, along with the ability to empower our residents, families and employees.
Established in 1997, Vista Prairie Communities is an industry-leading organization offering senior housing and health care services in assisted living, memory care, care suites and respite care through nine established communities. We are a non-profit organization focused on our Mission while delivering compassionate care and service to those who entrust us with their lives, health and well-being. Vista Prairie Communities is listed as the 90th largest non-profit provider of senior housing and healthcare in the U.S. on the Leading Age/Ziegler top 150 list.
Reporting directly to the President and CEO, the Chief Operating Officer has direct responsibility for ensuring the organization has the appropriate operational controls and processes in place. The Chief Operating Officer will play a pivotal role in the ongoing development and implementation of our strategic plan, along with leading the work related to performance excellence. The core priorities of the plan include exceptional care, engaged employees and stewardship. In addition, the Chief Operating Officer will partner with the rest of the executive leadership team to shape and guide the future growth and direction of the organization. We are looking for a highly-motivated individual who leads by example and delivers on our common Mission, Vision and Values.
- Team management and engagement
- Business results and organization performance
- Operational and strategic planning
- Financial management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, with a master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive operations experience across a range of disciplines
- Five to seven years of leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in strategic planning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Current driver’s license and access to personal car
- Ability to travel throughout Minnesota, Iowa, Ohio and surrounding region
- A successful individual in this key position will also have the competencies of:
- Strategic thinking
- Results driven
- Business acumen
- Decision making
- Financial management
If you meet these requirements, and are interested in this exciting opportunity with a strong Mission-centered organization, we would like to talk with you. Please submit your resume and cover letter through the on-line application process. For additional information you may contact Scott Hamman, Vice President of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.