Cook - FT (Day) - Redwood Falls, MN
Position details: Full-time day schedule.Are you ready to make a difference in people’s lives? As a Cook, you will live the values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship as you provide exceptional preparation, detail, and healthy nourishment to residents. Create a meaningful opportunity for yourself by joining our strong Vista Prairie Communities team!
- Determine production schedules and timely delivery of services.
- Prepare meals and snacks for residents using a variety of recipes and food preparation equipment. May plan and prepare food for special events.
- Present food in a pleasant and enjoyable manner for all consumption.
- Maintain food safety through storage in refrigerator, freezer, and in community’s inventory.
- Measure and mix ingredients according to recipe using a variety of kitchen utensils.
- Observe and verify that foods are cooked properly and ensure they meet requirements for quality and quantity.
- Optimize food quality and dietary needs within budgetary guidelines, and inform Culinary Manager.
- Adjust and maintain food service equipment to create meals that are prepared for community’s consumption.
- Coordinate proper sanitation, health, and safety standards in work areas.
- Operate kitchen equipment with safety in mind and practice proper usage of facility tools at all times.
- May assist the Culinary Manager with higher level activities and perform the work of a Culinary Aide as business needs require.
Education and Experience
- High School education or GED.
- Training in Culinary Arts preferred.
- 2-3 years previous experience preferred.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result from Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.