Culinary Manager - FT (Day) - Alexandria, MN
Are you ready to make a difference in people’s lives? As a Culinary Manager, you will provide exceptional preparation, detail, and respect in your role and to your team. You’ll assist your residents by maintaining a positive, joy-filled living environment and healthy nourishment. Create meaningful opportunity for yourself by joining our strong Vista Prairie Communities team!
- Oversee the planning, preparation, and serving of nutritious meals and snacks to residents.
- Ensure all physicians’ orders related to diet and nutrition are followed.
- Maintain accurate listing of menus prepared daily and ensures any changes are posted at least 24 hours in advance.
- Aide in hiring and training of staff. Manages work schedules for shift coverage.
- Supervise kitchen staff to ensure compliance with all rules and regulations.
- Observe and tests food being cooked. Cooks or otherwise prepares food according to recipe.
- Estimate food consumption. Purchases foodstuffs and supplies for inventory within established budget.
- Ensure foodstuffs and supplies quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Maintain accurate cooler and freezer temperatures in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Perform all tasks in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess training and work experience in culinary field
- 2-3 years’ previous experience in culinary field is preferred.
- Must be certified in Food Handling according to state guidelines, or be willing to become certified.
- Supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result from Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.