Director of Health Services - FT (Day) - South St. Paul, MN
Do you like making a difference in people’s lives? As Director of Health Services, you will live the Vista Prairie Communities values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation, and Stewardship. This role ensures that the health and safety of all residents are met and that the facility is in compliance with current regulations and standards. Create meaningful opportunity for yourself by joining our strong Vista Prairie Communities team!
- Completes initial, face-to-face comprehensive assessment of prospective/new residents and develops a proposed service plan.
- Conducts or delegates the completion of assessments as resident conditions change and as required by regulation.
- Monitors and maintains residents’ clinical charts and progress notes.
- Communicates with physicians and other personnel regarding changes in residents’ needs or conditions.
- Assists with start-up of services, transitions, and discharges.
- Updates and communicates changes to residents’ records in a timely manner.
- Ensures all physicians’ orders are signed and implemented on a timely basis consistent with the residents’ needs and condition.
- Addresses, documents, and reports resident and family concerns and complaints.
- Ensures documentation of resident services and orders are properly filed and conducts periodic chart audits.
- Ensures that proper systems, policies, and procedures are developed and implemented correctly by licensed and unlicensed staff regarding the storage, set-up, administration, and disposal of medications, including systems to monitor controlled medications.
- Is responsible for implementing the facilities’ infection control plans.
- Develops, reviews, and implements service agreements with all new residents.
- Provides all new unlicensed staff with required training according to state law for all delegated nursing tasks.
- Determines the staff’s competency to provide all delegated tasks according to procedure.
- Assures that each staff person is oriented to the individual needs of each resident; communicates changes to plans of care.
- Supervises medication practices and medical equipment used in the building.
- Provides direct supervision of new licensed and unlicensed staff within 30 days of hire and on an on-going basis.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures.
- Ensures that residents' medication records are up-to-date and administration procedures are followed properly; investigates and discusses errors with staff and implements corrective action plans, as needed.
- Conducts evaluation of staff performance through appropriate documentation.
- Re-trains or disciplines staff as needed for non-compliance with job performance or agency policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains training tracking system.
- Position may be on-call 24-7.
Education and Experience
- Must be registered and licensed with the State of Minnesota as an RN and must maintain current unencumbered license with the Board of Nursing.
- 2-3 years’ experience in areas such as nursing supervision or geriatric nursing preferred.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Ensures compliance with regulations and is available for federal and state licensure surveys.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must be knowledgeable about validation techniques, reality orientation, and/or appropriate diversional activities for clients with dementia.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up-to-date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
- Working knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.