Lead Care Coordinator - FT (Day) - South St. Paul, MN
Position details: Full-time day schedule.
Are you ready to make a difference in people’s lives?
As a Lead Care Coordinator, you will live the values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship by providing exceptional care and support to your residents. You’ll be responsible for creating appropriate staff schedules while also maintaining resident care levels.
Staff Scheduling, Onboarding, and Mentoring
- Assists with identifying and correcting problem areas and/or the improvement of services.
- Confirms all staff completes their daily duties.
- Documents any changes in staffing or resident conditions.
- Ensures all scheduled shifts are covered which may include finding replacements.
- Informs oncoming shift of any new resident conditions.
- Is responsible for staffing schedules.
- Makes any changes to the staff’s cleaning list, if needed.
- Makes sure all daily housekeeping is complete and coordinate any additional cleaning tasks.
- Orientates all new staff with assigned duties.
- Mentors staff by communicating clear expectations to promote employee engagement.
- Position may be on-call 24-7.
- Answers resident emergency calls promptly.
- Assists in transporting residents to/from appointments, activities, meals, and social programs as necessary.
- Assists residents in preparing for activity and social programs as necessary.
- Assists residents in walking with or without self-help devices as instructed.
- Assists residents with Activities of Daily Living (ADL's); i.e. dental and mouth care, dressing/ undressing, hair care, toileting, personal hygiene, and other duties as directed.
- Assists residents with preparing for medical tests and doctor appointments as necessary. This includes proper completion of physician visit forms.
- Assists with lifting, turning, moving, positioning, and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, showers, etc. as necessary.
- Checks residents routinely to ensure that their personal care needs are being met as delegated in the Service Plan.
- Ensures that services are adequately maintained to meet the needs of residents.
- Passes medication to residents (if med-trained).
- Reports all changes in residents’ condition to the Nurse as soon as practical.
Education and Experience
- High School education or equivalent.
- At least one (1) year of experience in a Resident Assistant or similar caregiving role.
- Additional training in health related disciplines and/or experience preferred, but not required.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.