Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - FT (Evening) - Sheldon, IA
Position details: Full-time evening schedule including every other weekend in our Assisted Living community.
Are you ready to make a difference in people’s lives?
Working within the framework of Vista Prairie Communities’ values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship, the LPN performs a variety of professional nursing duties.
Focused Assessments & Other Delegated Tasks
- Assists RN in orienting, training, and mentoring new staff.
- Assists with startup of services, transitions, and discharges of residents.
- Performs delegated tasks and other duties as assigned.
- Plans, assigns, directs, and evaluates the work of unlicensed staff members and ensures they perform their duties and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Works under the direction of the RN to monitor residents' needs and changes in condition, conducting focused assessments when needed and reporting the results to appropriate parties.
Medication & Treatment Process
- Assembles and operates equipment such as oxygen supplies and other equipment used for resident care.
- Assists with implementation of physician orders and ensures accuracy and promptness in transcription.
- Initiates emergency treatment and reports occurrences to the RN.
- Orders, sets up, and administers medications.
Monitor Resident Needs
- Carries out proper charting practices and documentation procedures.
- Reports changes or problems in resident conditions or other concerns about residents.
- Reviews resident care plans under the direction of immediate supervisor.
Education and Experience
- Must be licensed with the State of Minnesota/Iowa as an LPN, and must maintain current unencumbered license with the Board of Nursing.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Must be a minimum of twenty one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.