Maintenance Manager - FT (Day) - North Mankato, MN
Do you like making a difference in people’s lives? As Maintenance Manager, you will live the Vista Prairie Communities values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation, and Stewardship. This role ensures that the health and safety of all residents are met and that the facility is in compliance with current regulations and standards. Create meaningful opportunity for yourself by joining our strong Vista Prairie Communities team!
- Assist with the transportation of residents to and from local appointments and/or doctor’s appointments if required.
- Promotes mutual respect, keeps workplace clean and safe, and supports safety programs.
- Cleans the A/C filters in residents’ rooms.
- Cleans the carpet throughout building and repairs chairs and other furniture as needed.
- Cleans the steamer, refrigerator, and freezer grills in the kitchen once a month or as needed.
- Improves function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by studying performance results; identifying, recommending, and implementing changes.
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventive maintenance program; operating and testing systems and equipment; restoring, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Regularly checks the following to ensure the safety and comfort of residents:
- Boiler, Furnace, and Furnace Filters
- All lights and changes bulbs
- Smoke Detectors
- Fire extinguishers
- Leaks in sinks
- Water pressure and temperature
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures by complying with legal codes and regulations.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
- Receives and examines maintenance supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Maintains facility records with appropriate documentation.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job contributions.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing annual budget information, monitoring expenditures, identifying variances, and implementing corrective actions.
Education and Experience
- High School education or equivalent.
- Must maintain a license for the operation and maintenance of boilers.
- Some maintenance experience preferred.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must have a valid non-restricted driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Obtain a Medical Card to maintain ability to drive bus on a normal basis.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result from Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.