Maintenance Technician I / Bus Driver - Casual - Willmar, MN
Position details: Variable shifts.Are you ready to make a difference in people’s lives? As a Maintenance Technician I / Bus Driver, you will live the values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation, and Stewardship by providing exceptional care and support to your residents. You’ll provide residents with maintenance services in accordance with established procedures. The Maintenance Technician I / Bus Driver is also responsible for the safe and timely transportation of residents.
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies and reports any needed items to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Receives and examines maintenance supplies to ensure quality and quantity meet established standards and specifications.
- Provides maintenance services in resident rooms as directed.
- Cleans the carpet throughout building and repairs chairs and other furniture as needed.
- Cleans the steamer, refrigerator, and freezer grills in the kitchen once a month or as needed.
- Regularly checks the following to ensure the safety and comfort of residents:
- All lights and changes bulbs
- Fire extinguishers
- Leaks in sinks
- Water pressure and temperature
- Drives residents to activities and to doctor’s appointments as needed.
- Completes all pre- and post-trip bus inspections ensuring equipment is in good working condition.
- Responds appropriately to safety hazards, fire drills, and other emergency situations.
- Secures resident passengers according to their needs following all safety guidelines
Education and Experience
- High School Education or GED
- Must be a minimum of eighteen (18) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid, unexpired medical card.
- Must have a valid non-restricted driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle.
- Follows all policies and procedures—including all requirements issued by the Department of Transportation.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Stays up-to-date on all required training.
- Must receive a “not disqualified” criminal background result from the Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.