Memory Care Manager - FT (Day) - South St. Paul, MN
Are you ready to make a difference in people’s lives?
Working within the framework of Vista Prairie Communities’ values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship, the Memory Care Manager is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing programs and services for residents with memory loss. The main responsibility is to provide a therapeutic environment that maintains each resident’s highest level of physical, social and physiological well-being.
Resident Care and Delivery of Scheduled Activities
- Responsible for the development and facilitation of programming to meet the assessed needs, interests, and capabilities of the residents in the memory care program.
- Monitors the delivery of services provided to the residents.
- Executes planned activities and social programming that is reflective of the residents’ interests.
Promote Engagement among Residents
- Ability to learn and assist in other areas of the community.
- Assists residents with developing interpersonal relationships, socializing effectively, and developing the confidence needed to participate in group activities.
- Assists other departments with special events and family functions.
- Promotes a positive image of the community internally and externally.
- Promotes independence with residents by offering choices and fostering self-help skills.
- Reports any resident changes to the Nursing staff on duty.
- Assists with development of staffing levels along with monitoring and scheduling staffing hours.
- Instrumental with hiring, training and continuing education of memory care staff.
- Assists with the development of policy and procedures, and safety and security audits.
- Monitors and adheres to budgets as established by the Executive Director to fulfill staffing levels.
- Trains and manages staff, and ensures quality of memory care programming.
Education and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a memory care environment.
- Associate's Degree in Human Services, Social Work, and/or Therapeutic Recreation with an emphasis in Geriatrics preferred, but not required.
- Specialized training and/or certificates preferred.
- Follows all policies and procedures.
- Must be a minimum of twenty one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must be knowledgeable about validation techniques and/or appropriate diversional activities for clients with dementia.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result from Department of Human Services and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
- Working knowledge of state, federal and local regulations.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.