Memory Care Manager (RN) - FT (Variable) - Spirit Lake, IA
Do you like making a difference in people’s lives? As a Registered Nurse with Vista Prairie Communities, you will live the values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship. The Memory Care Manager-RN is responsible for developing, coordinating, and implementing programs and services for residents with memory loss. In addition, the position will also ensure the health and safety of all residents through assessment and reassessment, development and implementation of appropriate service plans and plans of care, monitoring resident services, and supervision. The main responsibility is to provide a therapeutic environment that maintains each resident’s highest level of physical, social and physiological well-being.
- Responsible for the development and facilitation of programming to meet the assessed needs, interests, and capabilities of the residents in the memory care program.
- Monitors the delivery of services provided to the residents.
- Completes initial, face-to-face comprehensive assessment of prospective/new residents and develop a proposed service plan.
- Conducts or delegates the completion of assessments as resident conditions change.
- Addresses, documents, and reports resident and family concerns.
- Assists with start-up of services, transitions and discharges.
- Communicates with physicians and other personnel regarding changes in resident’s needs or conditions.
- Ensures all physicians’ orders are signed and implemented on a timely basis consistent with the resident's needs and condition.
- Ensures that documentation of resident services and orders are properly filed and conduct periodic chart audits.
- Monitors and maintains resident’s clinical charts and progress notes.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures regarding the storage, set up, administration and disposal of medications, including systems to secure controlled medications.
- Assures that each staff person is oriented to the individual needs of each resident and communicates changes to plans of care; communicates changes to resident records in a timely manner each work day.
- Assists with development of staffing levels along with monitoring staffing hours.
- Instrumental with hiring, training and continuing education of memory care staff.
- Provides all new unlicensed staff with required training according to state law for all delegated nursing tasks.
- Assists with the development of policy and procedures, and safety and security audits.
- Monitors and adheres to budgets as established by the Executive Director to fulfill staffing levels.
- Ensures quality of memory care programming.
- Conducts evaluation of staff performance through appropriate documentation.
- Determines the staff’s competency to provide all delegated tasks according to the procedures for the resident.
- Develops and assures that all direct care staff has at least 8 hours of in-service training on required topics for every 12 months of work and assures that staff clearly understands and follows all resident care procedures.
- Develops, reviews and implements service agreements with all new residents.
- Follows process to establish and administer medication management when resident requests assistance.
- Rotating on-call responsibilities.
Marketing, Community Outreach and Programming
- Develops and implements public relations, marketing and oversight of community programs.
- Promotes a positive image of the community internally/externally through special programs and community events to ensure exposure and visibility.
- Develops and implements marketing plan in conjunction with the Executive Director to increase census per established quarterly goals.
- Identifies focused marketing opportunities.
- Promotes a partnership atmosphere within the community to ensure teamwork efforts are emphasized in resident retention, evaluation of prospective residents marketing, and leasing.
- Conducts tours and is responsible for all follow-up correspondence.
- Tracks and achieves established census metrics (inquiries, referrals, tours, etc.).
- Maintains inquiry/referral database to build contacts and prospects for new residents in the community in a professional manner.
Education and Experience
- Must be registered and licensed with the State of Minnesota/Iowa as an RN, and must maintain current unencumbered license with the Board of Nursing.
- Work experience, specialized training, and/or certificates preferred.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and is available for federal and state licensure surveys.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must be knowledgeable about validation techniques, reality orientation, and/or appropriate diversional activities for clients with dementia.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
- Working knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.