Registered Nurse - FT (Day) - North Mankato, MN
Are you ready to make a difference in people’s lives?
Working within the framework of Vista Prairie Communities’ values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship, the RN is responsible for ensuring the health and safety of all residents through assessments and reassessment, development and implementation of appropriate service plans and plans of care, monitoring resident services, supervision of staff, and on-going staff training.
- Completes initial, face-to-face comprehensive assessment of prospective/new residents and develops a proposed service plan.
- Conducts or delegates the completion of assessments as resident conditions change.
- Develops, reviews, and implements service agreements with all new residents. Reviews and revises service plans as needed due to changes in resident’s needs and at a minimum will review the plan once every 12 months with the resident and/or the resident's representative.
- When the resident requests VPC staff assistance in medication management, the RN ensures that resident's medication records are up to date and administration procedures are followed properly; investigates and discusses errors and issues with staff and implements corrective action plans, as needed.
- Re-trains or disciplines staff as needed for non-compliance with job performance or agency policies and procedures.
- Supervises medication practices and medical equipment being used in the building.
- Addresses, documents, and reports resident and family concerns or complaints.
- Assists with start-up of services, transitions, and discharges.
- Communicates with physicians and other personnel regarding changes in resident’s needs or conditions.
- Ensures all physicians’ orders are signed and implemented on a timely basis consistent with the resident's needs and condition.
- Ensures that documentation of resident services and orders are properly filed and conduct periodic chart audits.
- Monitors and maintains resident’s clinical charts and progress notes.
- Controls management services identified in the individualized service plans.
- Updates and communicates changes to resident records in a timely manner each work day.
Education and Experience
- Must be registered and licensed with the State of Minnesota/Iowa as an RN, and must maintain current unencumbered license with the Board of Nursing.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and is available for federal and state surveys.
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
- Working knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.