Staff Development RN - FT (Day) - North Mankato, MN
Do you like making a difference in people’s lives? As Staff Development Registered Nurse, you will live the Vista Prairie Communities values of Caring, Respect, Collaboration, Innovation and Stewardship. This role ensures ongoing education and in-service programs for the development of nursing staff to provide superior quality of care to residents. Create meaningful opportunity for yourself by joining our strong Vista Prairie Communities team!
- Plan, implement, and evaluate educational programs for all departments regarding topics and methods of instruction.
- Evaluates training by gathering staff input regarding quality of training offered and implementing/maintaining systems to assess training effectiveness and outcomes.
- Identify essential competencies for licensed and unlicensed staff and assures appropriate educational opportunities exist to promote growth and development of staff.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct regular and special in-service training programs for staff to familiarize them with new procedures, policies, or changes in resident care techniques and equipment.
- Assures all volunteers, students, and other allied staff receive appropriate orientation per policies and procedures.
- Assures that each staff person is oriented to the individual needs of each resident; communicates changes to plans of care.
- Conducts evaluation of staff performance in coordination with the Director of Health Services.
- Ensures that documentation of resident services and orders are properly filed and conduct periodic chart audits.
- Assists in the development of policies and procedures regarding the storage, set up, administration and disposal of medications, including systems to secure controlled medications.
- Evaluate staff knowledge and competency in skills needed to provide resident care; provide training in skills as needed.
- Provides direct supervision of new licensed and unlicensed staff.
- Re-train or discipline staff as needed for non-compliance with job performance or agency policies and procedures.
- Assures that all employees training checklists and on-the-job orientations are completed.
- Develops and maintains training tracking system.
Education and Experience
- Must be a graduate of an accredited School of Registered Nursing and licensed with the State of Minnesota/Iowa as an RN, and must maintain current unencumbered license with the Board of Nursing.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in areas such as Nursing Supervision or Geriatric Nursing preferred.
- Ensures compliance with regulations and is available for federal and state surveys.
- Follows all policies and procedures
- Must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years of age.
- Must be able to relate information concerning residents’ condition.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant action.
- Must receive a "not disqualified" criminal background result and may not be on the OIG exclusions list.
- Stays up to date on all required training.
- Understands and adheres to the Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy. Is familiar with the Resident’s Bill of Rights and adheres to it.
- Working knowledge of state, federal, and local regulations.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vista Prairie Communities is an equal opportunity employer.