What you need to know
No Vista Prairie Community has a confirmed case of COVID-19 at this time. We will continue our commitment to transparency should a case be confirmed. We also will stay dedicated to the safety of our staff and those they are called to serve.
- We are allowing only essential visits to our Vista Prairie buildings for the safety of residents and staff. Our policy follows current guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and is based on the number of positive cases in congregate care settings. The guidelines do not allow for any re-opening plans.
- Essential visits include urgent resident health needs. All visitors who enter our buildings will be screened per CDC guidelines.
- For everyone’s safety, we encourage loved ones to communicate with our residents by phone, video chat or regular mail, if possible.
- You may also visit our community websites or Facebook pages for further information and regular updates.
- We request that you direct questions to the Executive Director of the appropriate community. Click on the map for contact numbers.
Thank you for your understanding!
A message from our President and CEO:
Be in Touch and Say Thanks:
While COVID has brought much of what we know to a halt, caregivers in each Vista Prairie community are working harder than ever to serve and protect your loved ones. Here are three ways to say thanks:
- Send a note of thanks – Leave a message here and it will join with others on our website.
- Donate to our COVID Courage Fund – Help us launch our fund to directly assist team members with expenses related to the pandemic or other eligible personal loss.
Donate online and specify "COVID Courage Fund" under Gift Designation
- Support #ThankACaregiver -- For our Minnesota communities, please "like" and share this Facebook page, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a specific story of what a Vista Prairie caregiver has done for someone you love. In Iowa, send your support via email to email@example.com.
Is there anything the public can do?
Send more caregivers. We are always looking for courageous and loving caregivers to join our team. Tell friends and family and get more information at https://vistaprairie.org/about/job-opportunities/
Advocate for us. We also encourage stakeholders and other community members to contact their local and national representatives and ask them not to forget about those of us providing assisted living services when considering financial support. As a mission driven nonprofit, we are prioritizing prevention and safety ahead of financial impact. Our services are essential, and we ask for community advocacy on our behalf.