What you need to know
All Vista Prairie communities are available for indoor visits with the exception of Monarch Meadows in North Mankato and Windmill Ponds in Alexandria, MN. These communities are temporarily closed to visitors because of recent positive tests for COVID-19.
If a resident is fully vaccinated and not symptomatic, they can leave the building and return without having to quarantine. If a resident is not fully vaccinated, we will observe this guidance in place from the Minnesota Department of Health.
In the case of a positive test, we provide direct communications to residents, their designated representatives, and our staff at that location. Residents are still permitted to go on excursions with family, even though inside visits would need to be curtailed. We encourage window visits and outside visits until these communities can welcome visitors inside again.
We will continue our commitment to transparency should any tests be confirmed. We also will stay dedicated to the safety of our staff and those they are called to serve.
- Family and friends are an irreplaceable part of our care teams, and we are thrilled to welcome them back into our community. State and federal regulators have issued guidance on how we can safely open to visitors and continue to protect the health of our residents and staff. In addition to increasing the number of people who can come into our settings with fewer restrictions, the new guidance allows residents who are fully vaccinated to come and go without the need to quarantine upon return.
- Essential visits include urgent resident health needs and those designated as Essential Caregivers in specific communities. Essential Caregiver applications are being accepted by our Directors of Health Services. See the section at the left for more information.
- All visitors who enter our buildings will be screened per CDC guidelines.
- We also encourage loved ones to have window visits in accordance with these guidelines.
- Please remain in contact by phone, video chat or regular mail, if possible. Visit our community websites or Facebook pages for updates and further information.
- Please direct questions to the Executive Director of the appropriate community. Click on the map at left for contact numbers.
Thank you for your understanding!
Two rounds of the COVID-19 vaccine, now complete!
Be in Touch and Say Thanks:
While COVID has brought much of what we know to a halt, caregivers in each Vista Prairie community are working harder than ever to serve and protect your loved ones. Here are three ways to say thanks:
- Send a note of thanks – Leave a message here and it will join with others on our website.
- Donate to our COVID Courage Fund – Help us launch our fund to directly assist team members with expenses related to the pandemic or other eligible personal loss.
Donate online and specify "COVID Courage Fund" under Gift Designation
- Support #ThankACaregiver -- For our Minnesota communities, please "like" and share this Facebook page, and send an email to email@example.com with a specific story of what a Vista Prairie caregiver has done for someone you love. In Iowa, send your support via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is there anything the public can do?
Send more caregivers. We are always looking for courageous and loving caregivers to join our team. Tell friends and family and get more information at https://vistaprairie.org/about/job-opportunities/
Advocate for us. We also encourage stakeholders and other community members to contact their local and national representatives and ask them not to forget about those of us providing assisted living services when considering financial support. As a mission driven nonprofit, we are prioritizing prevention and safety ahead of financial impact. Our services are essential, and we ask for community advocacy on our behalf.