What you need to know
Vista Prairie Communities is committed to being transparent and will first inform residents, their loved ones and our staff should a positive test for coronavirus be identified in a resident or staff member at one of our locations.
Currently none of our locations are managing a positive test of COVID-19 within their walls! Good news! Should a positive test occur, we will provide direct communications to residents, their designated representatives, and our staff at that location. That community would not be available for indoor visit appointments until they have tested negative for two successive weeks.
We will continue our commitment to transparency should other tests be confirmed. We also will stay dedicated to the safety of our staff and those they are called to serve.
- We are following updated health department guidelines to determine the conditions for expanded visitation inside Vista Prairie Communities. The guidelines require the use of individual community COVID-19 and county positivity rates to determine whether indoor visits can be expanded. Please check this website often to learn if and when visit appointments are available at a specific community.
- Essential visits include urgent resident health needs and those designated as Essential Caregivers in specific communities. Essential Caregiver applications are being accepted by our Directors of Health Services. See the section at the left for more information.
- All visitors who enter our buildings will be screened per CDC guidelines.
- We also encourage loved ones to have window visits in accordance with these guidelines.
- Please remain in contact by phone, video chat or regular mail, if possible. Visit our community websites or Facebook pages for updates and further information.
- Please direct questions to the Executive Director of the appropriate community. Click on the map at left for contact numbers.
Thank you for your understanding!
A message from our President and CEO:
Be in Touch and Say Thanks:
While COVID has brought much of what we know to a halt, caregivers in each Vista Prairie community are working harder than ever to serve and protect your loved ones. Here are three ways to say thanks:
- Send a note of thanks – Leave a message here and it will join with others on our website.
- Donate to our COVID Courage Fund – Help us launch our fund to directly assist team members with expenses related to the pandemic or other eligible personal loss.
Donate online and specify "COVID Courage Fund" under Gift Designation
- Support #ThankACaregiver -- For our Minnesota communities, please "like" and share this Facebook page, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a specific story of what a Vista Prairie caregiver has done for someone you love. In Iowa, send your support via email to email@example.com.
Is there anything the public can do?
Send more caregivers. We are always looking for courageous and loving caregivers to join our team. Tell friends and family and get more information at https://vistaprairie.org/about/job-opportunities/
Advocate for us. We also encourage stakeholders and other community members to contact their local and national representatives and ask them not to forget about those of us providing assisted living services when considering financial support. As a mission driven nonprofit, we are prioritizing prevention and safety ahead of financial impact. Our services are essential, and we ask for community advocacy on our behalf.