What you need to know
We are aware of positive COVID-19 tests at three Vista Prairie communities: Fieldcrest in Sheldon, Iowa, and Garnette Gardens in Redwood Falls, MN and Windmill Ponds in Alexandria, MN. No other Vista Prairie locations report positive tests at this time. While all Vista Prairie communities are available for indoor visits, we remind visitors to wear masks while in the public areas of any of our sites and to practice good hand hygiene.
If a resident is fully vaccinated and not symptomatic, they can leave the building and return without having to quarantine. If a resident is not fully vaccinated, we will observe the latest guidance from the Minnesota Department of Health.
In the case of a positive test, we provide direct communications to residents, their designated representatives, and our staff at that location. Residents are still permitted to go on excursions with family, and inside visits are still permitted.
We will continue our commitment to transparency should any tests be confirmed. We also will stay dedicated to the safety of our staff and those they are called to serve.
- Family and friends are an irreplaceable part of our care teams, and we are thrilled to welcome them. State and federal regulators have issued guidance on how we can safely remain open to visitors and continue to protect the health of our residents and staff.
- We request that you limit the size of visiting groups so they can be accommodated in your loved one's apartment.
- All visitors who enter our buildings will be screened per CDC guidelines.
- Please wear a mask anytime you are in a public area of our community.
- Please also remain in contact by phone, video chat or regular mail, if possible. Visit our community websites or Facebook pages for updates and further information.
- Please direct questions to the Executive Director of the appropriate community. Click on the map at left for contact numbers.
Thank you for your understanding!
Two rounds of the COVID-19 vaccine, now complete!
Be in Touch and Say Thanks:
While COVID has brought much of what we know to a halt, caregivers in each Vista Prairie community are working harder than ever to serve and protect your loved ones. Here are three ways to say thanks:
- Send a note of thanks – Leave a message here and it will join with others on our website.
- Donate to our COVID Courage Fund – Help us launch our fund to directly assist team members with expenses related to the pandemic or other eligible personal loss.
Donate online and specify "COVID Courage Fund" under Gift Designation
- Support #ThankACaregiver -- For our Minnesota communities, please "like" and share this Facebook page, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a specific story of what a Vista Prairie caregiver has done for someone you love. In Iowa, send your support via email to email@example.com.
Is there anything the public can do?
Send more caregivers. We are always looking for courageous and loving caregivers to join our team. Tell friends and family and get more information at https://vistaprairie.org/about/job-opportunities/
Advocate for us. We also encourage stakeholders and other community members to contact their local and national representatives and ask them not to forget about those of us providing assisted living services when considering financial support. As a mission driven nonprofit, we are prioritizing prevention and safety ahead of financial impact. Our services are essential, and we ask for community advocacy on our behalf.