What you need to know
Vista Prairie Communities is committed to being transparent and will first inform residents, their loved ones and our staff should a positive test for coronavirus be identified in a resident or staff member at one of our locations.
Results received for Vista Prairie at Monarch Meadows in North Mankato, MN, from tests conducted on August 7, revealed one positive test in a resident, who is asymptomatic, isolated, and receiving care following Minnesota Department of Health guidelines, in a manner that protects the health of others. Three additional Monarch Meadows staff members also tested positive during this fifth round of testing. The staff members are at home recovering and will return to service only in compliance with MDH rules.
We have provided direct communications to residents, their designated representatives, and our staff at this location. Please join us in lifting up Monarch Meadows in your thoughts and prayers for strength and protection.
No other Vista Prairie Community had a confirmed case of COVID-19 as of their most recent round of testing. We will continue our commitment to transparency should another test be confirmed. We also will stay dedicated to the safety of our staff and those they are called to serve.
- We allow only essential visitors entry into Vista Prairie buildings. Our policy follows current guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
- Essential visits include urgent resident health needs. All visitors who enter our buildings will be screened per CDC guidelines.
- As they are able, our communities are welcoming visits with residents in outdoor settings, by appointment, and under these guidelines from the department of health. Get information at left about which communities are now taking appointments.
- We also encourage loved ones to have window visits in accordance with these guidelines.
- Please remain in contact by phone, video chat or regular mail, if possible.
- Visit our community websites or Facebook pages for updates and further information.
- Please direct questions to the Executive Director of the appropriate community. Click on the map at left for contact numbers.
Thank you for your understanding!
A message from our President and CEO:
Be in Touch and Say Thanks:
While COVID has brought much of what we know to a halt, caregivers in each Vista Prairie community are working harder than ever to serve and protect your loved ones. Here are three ways to say thanks:
- Send a note of thanks – Leave a message here and it will join with others on our website.
- Donate to our COVID Courage Fund – Help us launch our fund to directly assist team members with expenses related to the pandemic or other eligible personal loss.
Donate online and specify "COVID Courage Fund" under Gift Designation
- Support #ThankACaregiver -- For our Minnesota communities, please "like" and share this Facebook page, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a specific story of what a Vista Prairie caregiver has done for someone you love. In Iowa, send your support via email to email@example.com.
Is there anything the public can do?
Send more caregivers. We are always looking for courageous and loving caregivers to join our team. Tell friends and family and get more information at https://vistaprairie.org/about/job-opportunities/
Advocate for us. We also encourage stakeholders and other community members to contact their local and national representatives and ask them not to forget about those of us providing assisted living services when considering financial support. As a mission driven nonprofit, we are prioritizing prevention and safety ahead of financial impact. Our services are essential, and we ask for community advocacy on our behalf.